- Wolfram Alpha (great for Math): Do you always use Google? Depending on the nature of your query try WolframAlpha.
- Grammarly is an automated proofreader and plagiarism checker and automatically generate citations using MLA, APA and other styles
- Podcasts: Record your own podcast online and access it though a dedicated link using Vocaroo or use Online Voice Recorder which is a free simple application which records sound from microphone. After recording you can trim the sound and save it to your computer.
- Video: Easily turn photos, videoclips and music into short videos with Animoto (for students age 13 and over). The free account allows 30 second videos.
- Save all your bookmarks online so you can access them from any computer wherever you are.Bookmarks can be tagged for easy later retrieval using Diigo.
- Think Draw allows you to create pictures by dragging provided shapes onto the drawing board.
- Sumo Paint is an online painting tool which offers an extensive collection of tools and some very sophisticated features.
- Canvastic.net: Draw and save your creations.
- Odosketch: Click Create to start a sketch, to save sketches requires registration with the site but note that you must be 13 or over.
- Students over 13 who enjoy art and animation try Doink. You can create your own work, reuse work by others and share work with your friends. You can post your work to Facebook and YouTube.
- Coogle... Thinking, rethought. Coggle is designed to help you make sense of complex things in a shared workspace.
- To create mind maps one of the simplest tools to use is Bubbl.us.
- This page is meant to inform you about Mind Mapping and provide ideas that can help you create and benefit from Mind Maps.
- Create, share and collaboratively work on mind maps with MindMeister
- For a presentation with a difference try Prezi which allows you to create dynamic presentations which provide an overview and allow you to zoom in on any element. There are no individual slides, you work on a large canvas on which you can zoom in and out.
- VideoScribe gives you the tools to explain, market and explore your product or service quickly and easily in a unique and engaging way with a Whiteboard Animation flare. Create your own work and share online or as an .mov. (Free trial version is only 7 days).
- PowToon is an online presentation software tool that allows yo to creat free, cool, and awesome animated video explainers as an alternative to PowerPoint or Prezi.
- Do you know how to format references and sources in the correct Harvard Referencing Format? The Harvard Generator can generate the required format for a variety of sources.
- Wordle allows you to make word clouds. Simply type in your text and click ‘Create’.
- Tagxedo which gives you many options including changing the shape of your cloud.
- Word It Out For even more word cloud generators see this jog.
- Note that with Wordlings you can sign in with Facebook or Twitter and generate a word cloud from your posts.
You can also paste in other text to create a wordling.
- Storybird, a tool for writing digital stories is great fun and easy to use. Set up an account (free) – choose your art work and get writing!
- For users of any age, Instablogg is a really easy way to publish a blog post. No registration is required, simply write and publish! You can easily share a link to your post.
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab has extensive resources to help you improve your writing skills.
- Harvard Generator is a free tool that allows you to quickly and easily format references and sources in the correct Harvard Referencing Format. The generator helps generate the correct format for a variety of sources.
- Create a comic strip with Make Beliefs Comix, you can write in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese or Latin! This is avery simple site to use and requires no registration. Email the comic to yourself and create a link you can then share with anyone.
Another site where you can create a comic strip or a book is ToonDoo.
- On Classtools.net you can create a virtual book; choose Animated Book from the menu on the right.