Edmodo Code: v8af9x
Course Objective Outline
- 9/3-9/6 WEEK1: Introduction to Computers & C++ and the Basics
- 9/9 - 9/13 WEEK2: Procedural Abstracts & Functions That Return Values and Functions for All Subtasks
- 9/16 - 9/20 WEEK3: Recursion - Functions for Tasks and Values & Templates for Algorithm Abstraction
- 9/23 - 9/27 WEEK4: I/O Streams as an Introduction to Objects and Classes and Defining Classes and Abstract Data Types
- 9/30 - 10/4 WEEK5: More Flow of Control and Defining ADT (Abstract Data Types) Operations
- 10/7 - 10/11 WEEK6: Arrays and Thinking Recursively
- 10/14 - 10/17 WEEK7: Strings and Multidimensional Array
- 10/21 - 10/25 WEEK8: Pointers and Dynamic Arrays
- 10/28 - 11/1 WEEK9: Templates for Data Abstractions
- 11/4 -11/8 WEEK10: Pointers and Linked Lists
- 11/11 - 11/15 WEEK11: Pointers and Linked Lists
- 11/18 - 11/22 WEEK 12: Work on Project & Exam
- 11/25: 4th Hour Exam on Monday - EXAM
- 11/26 - ½ day End of 1st Trimester (no 4th hour)
Every week (Fridays), there will be a short quiz.
OR SEE GRADING SCALE
Achievement Level Definitions
4 = Mastery
Students at this level demonstrate a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of rigorous subject matter, and provide sophisticated solutions to complex problems.
3 = Proficient
Students at this level demonstrate a solid understanding of challenging subject matter and solve a wide variety of problems.
2 = Processing
Students at this level demonstrate a partial understanding of subject matter and solve some simple problems.
1 = Beginner
Students at this level demonstrate a minimal understanding of subject matter and do not solve simple problems.